Friday, September 26, 2008

Now the GOP looks like the PRI

-- by Dave

My friend Dan Junas, who travels in Mexico quite a bit, sends me this:

When traveling in Mexico, I've had occasion to discuss corruption in the United States, in comparison to Mexico. "Is there corruption in the United States," I've been asked. "Of course," I've replied. "There's corruption everywhere. But is there corruption like in Mexico? Where a governor will simply take the state treasury with him when he leaves office? No, we don't have corruption like that."

After looking at the Bush Administration's proposed bailout, I'm going to have to revise my answer.

I've always thought that Karl Rove's goal was to turn the Republican Party into a U.S. version of the PRI. Now we're seeing the fulfillment of that plan.

No comments: