Thursday, January 12, 2006

Third blogiversary

I just mentioned that I'm really not very good at this blogging thing, and it just came to my attention that last Sunday, I passed my third blogiversary. It was three years ago that I filed my first post -- about border militias. Three years later, I'm still writing about them.

Along the way, I've picked up nearly a million hits a year, which is still mind-boggling to me.

I've been working on a post with my deep inner thoughts about the nature of blogging for nearly a year now. They're so deep and inner that I can't seem to find the will (or energy) to put them down in print. Maybe because I think bloggers blogging about blogging is ... boring. Well, anyway, I'll see if I can't finally wrap it up soon, though. Honest.

In the meantime, let me give a quick general thanks to all the readers, regular and irregular, who have taken some of their time over the past three years to read my work and contribute to those 3 million hits. Many thanks, too, to the people who spend enough time to contribute to my comments as well. And many more thanks to the many other bloggers who have linked here over the years. I'll have more details in that longer post.

In the meantime, let me observe my third anniversary with some annual upkeep, which includes some new names in my blogroll. Please welcome:
Chip Berlet

Talk 2 Action

Norwegianity

The Mighty Corrente Building

Sadly, No!

Mahablog

Skookum Geoduck [Jay Taber]

BlatherWatch

WashBlog

McCrainium

Hominid Views

Red State Rebels

43rd State Blues

Blue Oregon

Seattlest

Nikki's Nest

A Chicken Is Not Pillage

Creek Running North

Blame India Watch

History Mike's Musings

Some of these, as you can see, are blogs I should have had up for some time and somehow overlooked through neglect. Others are some of the regional bloggers from the Northwest who I've been getting to know better recently. And others are just new blogs that deserve a good look. They're scattered throughout the blogroll, and I've also deleted some of the now-extinct members of the blogroll, too.

Give 'em all a good look, if you have the time.

No comments: