Friday, June 10, 2005

Orcinus on tour

I've finished arranging the first round of bookstore appearances in association with the recent release of Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community:
July 8: Village Books, Bellingham, 7:30 p.m.

July 12: University Book Store, Seattle, 7 p.m.

July 15: Ravenna Third Place Books, Seattle, 7:30 p.m.

July 19: Elliott Bay Book Co., Seattle, 7:30 p.m.

These comprise just the first round in western Washington; I'm arranging appearances at others in the area as well. I'm also hoping to do a West Coast tour late in August, taking in Portland, Eugene, San Francisco/Oakland, Los Angeles and San Diego. I'm still arranging those. Readers in those cities should drop in to their local bookshops and tell them you'd support an appearance (and refer them to this site if they're interested further).

I'm also planning a relatively short tour to the inland Northwest (Boise, Missoula, Helena, Bozeman, Spokane) later on.

If there are other towns (especially in California) and bookstores that you think would be receptive or good bets, please drop me an e-mail (dneiwert@hotmail.com) and I'll see what I can work in.

If any of you happen to be in the vicinity when I'm in town, you should drop by and say hi.

No comments: